also see: fat transfer to buttocks before and after
Fat transfer to buttock which may also be known as a brazilian buttlift. In this procedure, a portion of the patient’s fat content is extracted from the thigh or abdomen region and injected into her own bottom, thus resulting to a fuller and more aesthetically appealing behind. This intravenous technique currently stands as the most effective butt augmentation process available. Since clients use their own lipids, the chances of infection or rejection by the body are greatly reduced. One should take time to find the best medic who would perform the fat transfer to buttocks procedure with expertise, so as to ensure less downtime and faster recovery.
Doctor gives great information on fat transfer to buttocks
How to find a doctor
1. To get the most qualified physicians in your locality, start by contacting the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. They have a list of active medical practitioners found in different geographical areas. It’s even better to visit their official website and enter your post-code, you would be given the names of all medics offering this service. Find out which one of them is more experienced and has a good reputation amongst peers and former patients alike.
2. Contact the healthcare department of your insurance provider, they should have a list of doctors in the neighborhood and their fields of specialty.
3. Talk to friends, family, or neighbors about local doctors that they have used before, compare their experiences and make an informed decision based on factors such as pricing, type of equipment used and aftercare assistance if there’s any.
4. Request for a referral from any physician you have consulted with before, doctors usually network with other professionals in the field and if he doesn’t offer this service then most probably he knows someone who does.
5. Visit your nearest clinic and request for information about the medics who operate there. Basic details should readily be available. You can also obtain information on their areas of practice including whether they are board approved.
6. Contact registered medical associations, organizations or groups for referrals on doctors that have been endorsed by either of them.
Fat transfer to buttocks cost
The average cost of this procedure is between $7500 and $15000. However, the exact rate depends on how long the process would take and where one is getting it from. Other factors that may affect pricing include the individual surgeon’s fee, medications and hospital stay duration. The amount of fat to be injected and technique used also determines the overall amount that would be paid. Most insurance firms don’t provide financing for cosmetic surgery, as such one would have to dig deep into their own pockets to raise the necessary amount. Nevertheless, if you have registered with a private healthcare institution then ask them if they offer this service under their portfolio.
Moreover, those who want to undertake the procedure can consider taking a loan from reputable financial institutions, some of them may be willing to lend money so long as the borrower shows proof that they can pay it back, such as a salary slip. The patient also needs to take into account post-surgery care costs, for instance one may need to go for regular massage of the local area to help ease unnecessary cramping. You can also discuss with your hospital’s management staff or surgeon on various financing options that exist, some of them allow clients to pay in manageable monthly installments. There are plenty of financing options Such as – carecredit.com or cosmeticredit.com But be very careful and do detailed research if you are going to choose these options, check the fine print like the interest rate. Here is more information on how to pay for your butt implants.
The Surgery Procedure
Prior to treatment, the doctor and patient would meet to discuss possible outcomes of the cosmetic intervention including all risks involved. A practical surgery plan would also be arranged to provide each client with ideal results that match their specific aesthetic goals and body type. Thereafter, fat would be extracted from an identified donor site and transferred into the buttocks. The patient would then be given some general anesthesia to ease any pain that may be felt, immediately after extraction lipid content would be injected in-between respective butt muscles. The client’s upper butt quadrant is usually the one that’s filled with lipid so that it can appear raised and perky.
Nevertheless, some medics use micro-droplet technique where fat is deposited into different positions on the patient’s rear. This is intended to prevent the formation of uneven lumps of fat and give a smoother more refined look to the butts. Human fat typically contains stem cells and collagen which help in retaining their rounded shape. Postoperative care is also important, one is advised not to sit for very long hours after injection since the fresh fat content can smear and lose shape. Also avoid engaging in rigorous exercises within the first 2 weeks since it causes sweating and extraction of lipids from the skin. Your doctor would provide a postoperative regimen that should be followed for the best results possible.
Patients with blood-related disorders such as clotting difficulties should raise the issue with their physician before the process begins. This is because some bleeding may occur during injection, and if proper measures aren’t taken to stop it then the condition may jeopardize the entire process. In addition, about 30% of patients experience substantial fat absorption where lipid is assimilated back into the body. To avoid this, clients can request their medic to purify the fat content before injection so as to maximize survival and prevent it from being assimilated into the bloodstream.
Furthermore, some slight swelling may occur on the affected part a few days after treatment as the surgical wounds continue healing. Under the doctor’s advice one can apply cold compresses on the affected parts to reduce inflammation. Occasionally, the grafted tissue may take an unusual shape especially during the first few days after treatment. To prevent this from happening one should enlist a professional to gently rub the focal area so that the butt can retain a symmetrical shape. Avoid doing this on your own or using someone who’s not trained as it may further aggravate the situation. Though rarely experienced, some patients may suffer from scarring either on the part where fat is extracted from or the buttocks where it’s injected. Nonetheless, there are various medical ointments that can be applied to keep the skin supple and free from scars. Before using any of these substances, consult with your doctor to find out if you are allergic to any of the ingredients found within.