Butt Implant surgery an intramuscular, cosmetic clinical operation aimed at reshaping and enhancing the patient’s gluteal buttock region. Surgeons use synthetic transplants that are made from biocompatible, flexible and non-leaking elastomer material. The procedure is often carried out under mild anesthesia which helps in calming down the pain that’s usually experienced when an incision is made on fascia muscles. Thereafter, medics would make a 4-inch cut in between the butt cheeks where implants would then be placed. This area is particularly selected by physicians since it gives a natural and rounded appearance to the buttocks. Once butt implant surgery is complete, doctors would ensure that the area remains symmetrical by recommending massage and also ensuring that surgical incisions or scars aren’t visible. Operation takes between 2-3hrs though painkillers may be administered several days later to manage postoperative pain.
Butt Implant Surgery Video – Warning Graphic
How many techniques are available?
There are 3 main surgical methods involved in butt implants placement. It all depends on where the incision is made and whether the implant would be fitted above or beneath the gluteal muscles.
- A surgical cut can be made at the top-edge of a patient’s upper butt region on both sides. Even though operational scars can easily be hidden inside the woman’s bikini or undergarment, most women don’t prefer this technique since it involves two separate incisions.
- Alternatively, surgical openings may be done towards the bottom edge of one’s gluteal creases where the buttocks meet with thigh muscles. This technique also leaves the patient with two side scars that are quite conspicuous.
- In the last option, an incision can be placed right down a patient’s central sacrum area. According to American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the vertical slit measures around 4-6 cm and extends down to the butt crease. Most surgeons recommend this technique since it’s well-concealed and nobody can know that you actually underwent surgery. In addition, patients would only get one scar unlike the other alternatives where there are several marks present after surgery. The only setback is that one suffers a higher risk of bacterial infection, though this can easily be treated with mild antibiotics or antiseptic.
Here are several options for placement of the Butt implant. However, it is best to consult with a professional to find all the possible implants placement.
- The surgeon would first arrange for a meeting with his patient to discuss all possible outcomes and risks involved. Those suffering from allergic reactions or any other underlying medical condition would have to raise such issues with their medic before surgery commences, some people may react to anesthesia, painkillers or aftercare medications and should therefore receive special attention while undergoing operation. In addition, an appropriate time for performing the operation shall be scheduled in consultation with the patient.
- Once the patient is mentally prepared for buttock implant augmentation, the doctor would assemble and prepare all equipment that would be required to perform surgery successfully. These include clinical scissors, scalpels, blood vessel clamps, dilators and the operation table just to mention a few. Moreover, all tools that would be used to make incisions would be sterilized beforehand for avoiding infection.
- Once the patient reports for operation she would be given sleeping drugs, and when unconscious, surgical markings would be made on the focal area in preparation for placing the butt implants.
- Thereafter intramuscular operation would commence, the surgeon would slice open the marked areas and delicately insert transplants into their respective positions. According to Beauty World News, if this stage is completed successfully, the buttock would be stitched back into place and gluteal muscles gently massaged to remove cramping and foster blood circulation.
- The patient is expected to wake up from her induced sedated state about 30min after surgery, soon afterwards painkillers would be administered under the doctor’s watch to reduce aching. Nevertheless, one would not be discharged from hospital till all wounds are confirmed to have healed.
Post-surgery safety concerns
Patients are advised to avoid sitting for extended periods of time a few days after undergoing operation, this may make the insertions become weak and fall out of place. Additionally, one should refrain from engaging in rigorous exercises that involve lots of jumping and sweating since these activities hamper the recovery process. It’s best to do them only after full recovery is achieved, and this may vary from one person to another based on the strength of their immunity system. When sleeping at night, patients should avoid lying on their backs for at least the next 2 weeks, this exerts unnecessary pressure on the butt implants thus making them to lose their suppleness and elasticity.